September is National Disaster Preparedness Month.
As we all know “Prepping” is part of life now and as we get our “kits” together let’s not forget about making sure we have them ready for our pets to. Some suggested items to consider having in your “pet kits” are as follows.
• Food stored in an airtight/dry container. Enough for approximately 3 days.
• Water enough for approximately 3 days
• Food and water bowls, collapsible ones are easier to store
• Any medications that your pet(s) may be on
• Collar, harness, leash (with your pets ID and rabies tag)
• Crate or pet carrier
• Appropriate cleaning products to keep your pets living area sanitized
• A picture of you and your pet(s)
• A few familiar toys, treats and/or bedding
It is also good practice to make sure your pet is up to date on vaccines and, as always, a good idea to have your pet microchipped.